This product is made with a rich, dark chocolate, with just a hint of vanilla. During the Victorian period there was a reaction against adding strong, or extra, flavours to chocolate. This led to a move to simpler tastes, including the purer flavour of this hot chocolate.
Victorian Hot Chocolate (Pure & Indulgent)
(makes 12-20 small cups):
- Shake the bag well if you are not using the entire pack. The ingredients will settle in the bag.
- Put 1 tablespoon per person into a saucepan.
- Add 100 ml of milk per person.
- Slowly heat the saucepan over a medium heat, whisking continuously.
- Serve when the liquid starts to simmer.