Create some vibrant 18th century style 'pink coloured pancakes' with this beetroot pancake mix. An 18th century recipe for ‘Pink-coloured Pancakes’ advises us to ‘garnish them with green sweet-meats, preserved apricots, or green springs of myrtle. It is a pretty corner dish for either dinner or supper’. They are equally good served with ice cream!
18th Century Pink Pancakes Mix
(Pack makes about 6 plate sized pancakes):
Allow 40g (4 or 5 tbsp) of mix per pancake.
1. Measure out the required quantity of mix into a mixing bowl.
2. Add 80ml of water per 40g of pancake mix.
3. Whisk thoroughly for about 1 minute.
4. Add a little oil or butter to a hot frying pan and add the mixture.
5. Heat until cooked through, flipping once.
6. Sprinkle with sugar and serve.
Wheat Flour, Cornflour, Dried Egg White, Whey Powder (from Milk), Raising Agents (Sodium Bicarbonate, Disodium Diphosphate), Dextrose, Dried Egg, Beetroot.
Allergy advice: For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold