With every order of our 18th century Gingerbread mix you will receive a free bag of gingerbread pieces - while stocks last!Create a delicious 18th century style gingerbread at home with this mix. Gingerbread recipes date back to the 15th century, but had evolved into what we recognise today as gingerbread by the 18th century. Gingerbread was very popular and every recipe book from the period had several versions. This recipe is based upon a number of recorded recipes from the period. It is simple yet delicious, and can also be used as a crumble topping!All of our products are based on thoroughly researched historical recipes.
18th Century Gingerbread Mix (with a free bag of pieces)
(makes about 12 biscuits):
1. Add 4 oz (120 g) of butter to the mixture and rub the butter in until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. This can be done in a food processor.
2. Line a medium baking tray (aprox 11x8 inch, 28x20 cm) with baking paper.
3. Pour in the biscuit mix.
4. The secret is to pack it down hard.
5. Bake at 150C (300F) for 35-40 minutes.
6. Cut the gingerbread whilst hot and in the tin.
7. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Wheat Flour, Sugar, Crystallised Ginger (ginger (4.6%) & sugar), Ginger (0.3%), Spices.
Allergy advice: For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.